Info Panel
2010s
Dr. Joe Hale, World Methodist Council General Secretary, 1976 - 2001

Portraits of World Methodist Council Officers - 2011

Portraits of Past Chairpersons and General Secretaries of the World Methodist Council are on the display throughout the Museum. These officers are elected every five years at the World Methodist …

Read More →
1930s
Wesley_Portrait_Salisbury

Frank O. Salisbury Portraits - 1932

The World Methodist Museum houses portraits of John Wesley, as well as many of the other pioneers of Methodism, by renowned British artist Frank O. Salisbury.

Read More →
1810s
FrAsbury_Trunk

Trunk Used by Bishop Francis Asbury - 1814

After Bishop Francis Asbury’s death in 1816 this trunk was given to Rev. Daniel Asbury, then a presiding elder in the South Carolina Conference. The trunk is lined with a …

Read More →
1790s
Wesley_Death_Mask_resized

Death Mask of John Wesley - 1791

The original Death Mask of John Wesley is housed in the Osborn Collection at Drew University. This copy is one of three made from the original. The other two are …

Read More →
Wesley_hair

Authenticated Lock of Wesley’s Hair - 1791

The World Methodist Museum houses two authenticated locks of John Wesley’s hair.

Read More →
1750s
Christian_Library

A Christian Library – First Edition - 1750

Among his many writings, John Wesley edited and abridged a number of devotional classics and republished them in what he called A Christian Library These “Extracts from and Abridgments of …

Read More →
Wesley_Pulpit

John Wesley’s Travelling Pulpit - 1750

This Traveling Pulpit was used by John Wesley at two known outdoor preaching points in London. The pulpit was first kept in the West Street Chapel in Piccadilly and moved …

Read More →
1730s
marker_full

Aldersgate Memorial Replica - 1738

The John Wesley’s Conversion Place Memorial in London is located above Aldersgate Street, near the entrance to The Museum of London, by the line of Nettleton Court. Here the founder …

Read More →
1600s
Epworth_Wood

Original Beam from Epworth Fire - 1609

The Old Rectory at Epworth, constructed in 1696, was destroyed by fire in 1709. This charred beam was discovered under the present house at the time the Old Rectory was …

Read More →
0100s
Widows_Mite_6

Widow’s Mite No. 6 - 0100

“As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in her two mites. “Truly I tell you,” …

Read More →